Thursday 31 May 2018

Evangeline Doily Aborted



This is the second time tatting the last round. The first time, I misread the pattern. I cut that off. The second time tatting the last round and at the last repeat, I realised I had been carrying a mistake from the very first round. It should be an even number of 24 picots in the first round. I did 25 and it did not matter until now. Cannot ignore the mistake as it affects the subsequent rounds. Therefore, it ends here. I may start another Evangeline but maybe not now. Sigh . . . . . .

7 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. I did the same on this year’s Renulek doily. But this looks lovely as is, so that’s good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how heartbreaking!! It is very beautiful as it is!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pity, have a look in her blog, there was a note about a doily. There's a link on my blog list of the blogs I follow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a shame. I love it like it is, though. Hope you do make another and finish it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch, such a pity the extra picot is causing problems for you. It is definitely beautiful as it is right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fine! I'm amazed you got 25 loops in the center! It seems you could add another round of your own design; but it still looks just fine this way! It's quite a hypnotic design!

    ReplyDelete