Friday 4 May 2018

Anya Doily 2 & Anya Doily 3 (LHO3)





Both are completed. The larger one is Anya Doily 3. You can clearly see the thread colour changes in the second photo. These patterns are found on pages 27 & 31 of Lovely Tatting Doilies for Fall and Winter by Lee Hye-oon. I took some time to finish this because as usual, I was busy online shopping and watching Korean dramas that took time away from tatting. 

What happened to the ombre effect I was hoping to achieve, you might ask? Well, I did not think I would have enough thread for the last round so I had to switch to the medium pink as I needed the darkest pink for Anya doily 2. I do like the outcome. Tatted in Flora Size 20 threads in dark (Col. 224), medium (Col. 211) and light pink (Col. 207).

7 comments:

  1. Very beautiful doilies!!! :) Great colors too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doilies look pretty! I like the slightly darker pink on Doily 3, it gives it a nice outline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These doilies are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! And such perfection seems impossible to achieve! I think you did these in record time! What an amazing effect is created with the 'spokes' forming star shapes. How did she ever come up with this design? Of course, it takes a skilled tatter to pull it off!
    Love the colors in both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are gorgeous, both dollies are beautiful colours
    Well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the lovely comments. It is a very pretty pattern. Many thanks to the designer, Lee Hye-oon.

    ReplyDelete