Thursday 6 October 2011

'Iris by the Lake' Necklace







I bought this lampwork vessel years back from an Etsy seller Devil Woman Beads. I often keep things I love for some time before deciding what to do with them. I even kept them with coordinating beads thinking I would string them together to make a necklace, one day. Well here it is. 

The lampwork vessel came with a gold wire around its neck but it did not match the wire I used for the wigjig motifs so I tatted a ring around it. It is then wired with beads into a short chain with a lobster hook which can be attached anywhere on the long necklace. I used charoite beads and green fresh water pearls with copper-toned chains and findings.

This necklace is another birthday present for a good friend.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I hope she loves it.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love beads that also hold something like this. A touch of scent, perhaps? :-)

    ReplyDelete