Saturday 2 March 2013

Ellipse Completed


Ellipse is a pattern by Janet Carroll. I used Venus Size 40 and it ended up measuring 17 x 14 inches. My chains seem longer than the photo in the book. AAA saw it when I was blocking it and asked if it was a fish. He seems to think I only tat animals. What was I going to do with it? Shall we frame it? I was thinking of putting it as a centrepiece on a plain table cloth but framing it is another way to go. I have more walls than tables.

I found two mistakes in the tatting. Can't bear to see if there were more. But I do like the shape of this. What's next?

10 comments:

  1. Great shape! Yes, it does rather look like a large sea animal!

    Did you have to refill the shuttle many times? I am tempted by this one, but have come to dislike multiple re-filling stops very much!

    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello My Dear Friend. The Ellipse patter is very pretty. You always do great work in My EYES. vbg Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I really like the unusual shape. It does look a bit like a fish. Framing would protect it, but it would certainly enhance a plain table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! that is a very nice centerpiece. or wall hanging, It would look good on a wall, but how to mount it so it holds it's shape when on it's side.
    Your tatting is so meticulous. All those even thread spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! That is a spectacular doily! I LOVE the shape of it! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! A very elegant piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an exquisite piece of tatting!!! Love the design!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Fox, the shuttle had to be refilled many times but it was quite an easy project.

    Yep, it has a nice shape and hopefully I can keep it in shape when I frame it. Probably needs to be glued down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Came back for another look. This is really very impressive!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete