Friday 24 August 2012

Cloud Forest





You get a refreshing mist from the falls when you enter the Cloud Forest. It is such a nice welcome from the sweltering heat outside. There is a lift in the centre of the structure which brings you up to the top and make your way down via the extended walkway.

On the way down you will see a variety of orchids, pitcher plants, ferns, begonias, fuchsias, Anthurium, Primula, Spathiphyllum, Hoya, Aeschynanthus and more. Reminded me of times we spent at Cameron Highlands, Fraser's Hill and Maxwell Hill in Malaysia. I would have loved to see more mosses.

I think the garden is worth a couple more visits - at night to see the play of spectacular lighting and in the early morning for the outdoor gardens.

6 comments:

  1. I didn't realize that structure is a walkway! What an amazing experience that must be! The whole place is like an enchanted forest, and at night it must be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You visit so many unusual places. Thank you for sharing all of them with us, also for sharing you beautiful tatting. The things you tat are different and interesting, and your workmanship is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I must save up and come over and see it, your pictures are so inspiring.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so beautiful! - where do you live? I spent many holidays at Fraser's Hill when I was a child. I'd love to see this wonderful garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! The name Cloud Forest suits it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Cloud Forest is located in Singapore. If you visit Singapore, it is worth a visit. I love visiting the highlands of Malaysia. I have always dreamed of living and gardening there.

    ReplyDelete