Thursday 19 May 2011

Blooming Trellis



This pattern is from Eliz of Tatknot. I have wanted to tat this for some time now. It did not turn out as planned as I made mistakes here and there. When I made the split ring trellis (in green), I wanted it slightly longer as I was using Size 40 threads. I miscounted and ended up with 16 instead of 17. Only realised my mistake when I was finishing the 1st row of the blooms. As I was reading the pattern from a printed B & W copy, I also did not realised that all the blooms should be in one colour (mine are in 2). Anyway, I just decided to continue instead of undoing it. It is a very pretty pattern. I used Venus Size 40 threads. 

5 comments:

  1. It looks nice with the blooms in two different colors. I went back to take a look at the pattern to see what length I had recommended for the trellis and noticed that I didn't tell tatters to weave the blooms into the trellis as they start the last side of the outer round. I guess everyone has figured it out from the pictures as the pattern has been accessed 632 times and I haven't received any requests for further directions. I'm really glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendy I love your blooming tatted trellis. Lovely. Hugs judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely even with the different colours it mkes the piece unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Eliz for the pattern.

    I think I might tat this again but with Size 20 threads. There are so many colour possibilities.

    ReplyDelete