Monday 6 October 2014

Under An African Sky Doily WIP2


I wanted to practice the interlocking rings, so I went ahead and tatted the first round of the trees in Lizbeth 20 Christmas Green Mix. I need four more of these.

Tip is arrange the interlocking rings properly before passing the last SCMR loop through the previous and first rings and closing it.

Some of the floating rings are pointing all over the place but I think blocking and adding the 2nd round will solve that problem. 

I am still not sure if I made the right choice of using the variegated threads for this doily. Time will tell.

How are you doing with it?

8 comments:

  1. Umintsuru, you are the champion of combining the useful with the pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the variegated green is perfect and trees are not all the same green all over they are various shades of greens if you look closely to a tree.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are doing well with the interlocking rings!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you know me, I used the variegated, I think works good and will cover slight imperfections, at least it did on mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressive! I'm sure that the floating rings will look fine when the second round is added. I'm enjoying following the progress of those of you who are working on this magnificent doily, which is a real showcase of modern tatting techniques. I hope to make it some day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had 'difficulties' with those rings too!! Mine kept coming out and going in and.... Now I'm on round 2 and I'm sure it's going to be toooo big for round one!!! Makes me wonder if I tat just too tight for the pattern!! Still, I'll persevere and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to see your progress. My round 2 also seems a little too big.

      Delete
  7. Thanks everyone for your comments. The variegated green seemed like a good idea but I wonder how it would look with the other colours of the doily.

    ReplyDelete