Monday 20 January 2014

Milk Hill Crop Circle


I was browsing Etsy and found this pattern from Tatting for Spirit. Karen wrote the pattern for needle tatters but shuttle tatters will have no problem with the pattern. The pattern is inspired by a crop circle and a photo is shown in the listing too.

I think a larger thread is required for this pattern. I used Milford Size 20 but it looks a little sparse. I should have kept the gap between the rings to a minimum. My largest ring is a little out of shape. I do prefer Karen's tatted crop circle. Do link here to have a look.

6 comments:

  1. Your crop circle looks amazing to me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pattern, going off to have a look at esty.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interesting pattern! I think the reason that it looks more delicate than the needle tatted version is simply because needle tatting turns out "fatter" than shuttle tatting, even when using the same size thread - just based on my own observations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Marilee, You do have a point. Thank you. Time to try tatting it again.

      Delete