Wednesday 4 December 2013

Pandan Kaya Cake

My sweet craving is never ending. There are days that I would rather have cake than actual meals.



I bought this for tea from a small bakery. It is actually chiffon cake sandwiched between pandan 'hoon kueh' layers. It brings me back to childhood memories when mom and grandma use to make this hoon kueh. It comes in a sausage-shape paper packet. I think it is actually green bean flour and all you have to do is dissolve it in coconut milk with sugar and pandan leaves. Heat while stirring continuously until it starts to set. Refrigerate, cut and eat.

3 comments:

  1. Looks interesting, I would love to try it. Is it very sweet?
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. This isn't very sweet, Margaret. Whenever you are in Singapore, we can have some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake looks good. I know the feeling - some days I'd rather have sweets than meals, also. ;-)
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete