Tuesday 28 December 2010

Maltese Rings



First, thank you for all your wonderful comments in my last posts. I had a busy last two weeks and I think Umi and Tsuru missed the usual routine most. I will have to make it up to them, although I must admit I screamed at them this morning as they just would not let me sleep in.
Now for today's post: I did not know how the Maltese Ring was done, well, not until I saw Tatman's video. Thank you for such a great video. I thought I would try this pattern before attempting the Maltese Teapot by Martha Ess. Yes, I did this in early December before the busy period. This bookmark is also one of Martha Ess' called Gloria's Maltese Bookmark. I found out too late that what I tatted did not look like the photo in the pattern. What I did not know was there were 3 different types of Maltese Rings. As you can see above, I only tatted Type #1 but I still do like how it turned out. This is tatted in Lizbeth Size 40 in Carribean (#122) and Dark Purple (#633).

5 comments:

  1. That's a really lovely combination of colors! I didn't know there were 3 different types of Maltese rings either. I'm not very fond of the technique myself. It's very busy to do so I have to want to do a pattern badly to bother with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I know nothing about how exactly a Maltese ring should like, yours look really GREAT to me. Really should have a look at the video, because even looking at those Maltese rings frightened me so much, don't think I will ever learn. You did: great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did very well, Wendy. I love the colour combo very much. I'll now need to find time to get started on this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful! Love the colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look so awesome that I am tempted to try that pattern after getting requests done for people! You chose great colors too! :)

    ReplyDelete