Wednesday 23 March 2016

Dolphins



Jane Eborall's dolphin pattern is a quick but challenging tat. Yes, it involves a split chain tatted to a paper clip, then tat the top fin and join to the paper clip anchor. Even though it is a small dolphin it was a very satisfying tat. You must try it and tell me if you thought the tail part was ingenious. Jane, how do you come up with it? Love the subtle hump of the head too. You can avoid the second split chain by tatting the last chain joining the rings, then do the bottom fin.

Tatted four dolphins in different sized threads. From top: Lizbeth size 20, Altin Basak Size 50, Manuela Size 10 and Daruma Lace Size 30.

11 comments:

  1. Very playful as dolphins are supposed to be :-) Love them !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Now I feel like visiting the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of all the different sizes displayed together. I think it adds a feeling of depth, especially with the smaller ones being lighter colored. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eliz, your comment about depth makes me want to tat more dolphins.

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous dolphin family!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do I come up with it? Well I tat myself into a corner and then have to tat myself out of it!!! Necessity and a huge aversion to cutting and sewing in ends!!! ANYTHING to avoid too many ends!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your aversion to cutting and sewing in ends. Please tat yourself into more corners and come up with more interesting patterns. Thank you Jane!

      Delete
  6. Hi Wendy
    I can't find your email address on your blog. Do you know about "Tatting Farm Animals" by Christel Weidmann? I just saw it on the Lacis website and thought of you and your amazing animal quilts. Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bev, Thank you for your recommendation. I do not have that pattern book and am trying to stop myself from getting it. My email is listed in my profile page. Do let me know if you can't find it.

      Delete
  7. Again, amazing duplicates in different threads and sizes. Where indeed would we be without Jane's incredible talent! Also impressed with your skill and patience to take on such a big project!

    ReplyDelete