Thursday 15 August 2013

Oxalis from Mom

This is the Oxalis plant that mom gave me sometime back. Love the white flowers. If you are wondering what is that strange leaf, it is a Kaempferia. The tuber was dormant when I planted the Oxalis and now they co-exist. 




Below is a variant which I just poached from mom. The leaves are green and the flowers have a slight purple tinge. 



Sorry S, the tubers you bought have not sprouted and it has been a month since I planted them. Notice the leaves of these plants are 3-leaf not 4-leaf.

5 comments:

  1. The ironic thing is that they SHOULD come from Ireland, with their shamrock-shaped leaves, but apparently mostly come from South America! I've managed to keep mine alive in a container for the past five years and bring it inside during the winter to keep my hibiscus company. I may have mentioned this before! I love the purple leaves on the other one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the white flowers go so well with the dark purple leaves.
    Lovely display on your balcony.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! It's doing very in my balcony. The green one is flowering non stop.

    ReplyDelete