Monday 20 May 2013

Pandas in Singapore

 
Two pandas Kai Kai and Jia Jia arrived in Singapore last September on loan from China for 10 years. After one month of quarantine, they were introduced to their new home in the man made Giant Panda Forest at the River Safari. Their exhibit was open for preview last October.

I caught a glimpse of the fanfare in town and on the news last year. A few weeks ago the new River Safari was officially open. I have not visited but I did watch a National Geographic documentary on the pandas' move.
 

4 comments:

  1. That's great that you have them for ten years, I hope they produce some offspring while they are in Singapore.
    Thanks for sharing
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stamp! We just opened the Panda Exhibit in Toronto, but I wonder if the overly- conservative stamp powers that be will ever produce a panda stamp... Our stamps definitely have improved as of late, but are still lagging way behind in terms of design and colour, in my opinion. Shall I tell you how I REALLY feel? : ))
    Fox

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are adorable to see in person. I saw two of them at our National Zoo in D.C. many years ago. They are certainly among the most appealing animals on the planet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Wendy, Love the Panda Stamp. I reckon the exhibition would be a very grand one.. Your tatting creations are always beautiful.. So you wee kitty does not like the tiny gray tub.. LOL Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete