Friday 20 November 2009

Square motif


I love to browse TattingChic's list of patterns she's gonna tat. That is where I first saw this really pretty square motif. I used TattingChic's link to this pattern. It is by Lady Lace Tatting and you can find the pattern here. Thank you to Lady Lace for the free pattern and TattingChic for showing me to it.


I like square tatting motifs. The pink one is done in Flora 20 #206 and the light green/gold/blue one is done in a metallic DMC (?, I lost the label) thread. It looks a little different from Lady Lace's but perhaps I should try it in a dark thread.

4 comments:

  1. I like those colors together, too! There's something calming and soothing about them. Peaceful.

    Thank you for the shout out! I honestly have that list there for me, but I thought it'd be good to share. I am glad to hear it is being used. That list keeps growing and so does the pile of UFO's and "Tatting to-do's"! I need to work on shortening the to do list and make that UFO pile smaller, LOL! I keep pattern links on that list even if I have done them because I might want to do them again! I think you know how that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. In response to your question on my blog - the author of the book is Ruth Scharf and it is a German book. The patterns are very imaginative, but this is the first time I've actually made anything - well, started to.

    I like the square motifs, especially the small one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mica. I just left a comment on your blog.

    Glad you liked the colours, Sherry and TattingChic. The metallic thread was a little harsh on the hands but it looks great.

    ReplyDelete