Tuesday 27 January 2015

School Shoes



This reminds me of the time when I had to wash my school shoes each weekend so that they are sparkling white to start the school week.

I see that this is still done today. White canvas shoes are usually less than white at the end of each week. Although these days, some schools assign black ones.

What amused me was how these shoes are arranged on this window ledge for drying. I remember putting mine against the side of the small longkang by the car porch to dry.

3 comments:

  1. I remember White shoes for the summer and I had some white cleaner that came in a tube and then they had to dry. Don't ask me what it was called I am going back a loooong time. I can see why you took this picture, I presume there is four kids in the household.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh that is cute and we used to wash ours, not as often, but had this white paint and sometimes painted them daily :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very cute picture, those pairs of white shoes on the window sill.

    We didn't have a particular kind of shoes for school, but our teacher insisted that we wear a white blouse or shirt. My mom admitted she couldn't wait for us to get a new teacher, because washing the blouses was so tedious :D

    ReplyDelete