Wednesday 11 March 2009

Lovebirds update

How have the lovebirds been doing? They have been a little slow with nest building. I like to think that they start nests in a few places and in the end choose the safest place to complete the nest. I hope it is on my bamboo plant in my balcony. I took a photo on 22 February 2009 and posted it here. The photo below was taken on 7 March 2009. The length of the nest looks the same but it is has grown in volume. I wonder if the birds know that more fibre is better.


I made sure I swept the balcony floor the day before and look what is brought to the nest each day. Pieces of bark and fibres.

2 comments:

  1. If you put out bits of colorful thread, I wonder if they would use it in their nest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, I am glad you mentioned that because I have seen the birds pick on my macrame plant pot holder and incorporating the white threads into their nests. I shall try leaving some coloured bits from leftover tatting and see whether they pick that up. Wouldn't it be great to get the birds to incorporate pieces of tatting into their nest. I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete