Thursday 3 December 2015

First Blocks





This is what I have been up to. I thought I better get these going before the 2 pairs of twin nephews grow up. The tatting was done long ago and posted somewhere in this blog. It was for a baby quilt but now I have to make it larger as they are no longer babies.

Getting started is difficult and getting it finished is another challenge. But I think after moving the sewing table into the air-conditioned room, this project will progress slowly but surely. Above are the first two blocks, not fully sewn as I took up Jane Eborall's tip of photographing it before sewing to ensure placement is correct. 

I prefer the green placement of the patchwork so I will change the blue one before sewing, or it may all change when more blocks are pieced.

5 comments:

  1. I love the idea of incorporating tatting into a quilt block! This will truly be a gift to be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them both, good idea to take a picture of how you want them so you can refer back to the picture to get them right
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous. Children grow up SO fast. One day they are babies, and ....it seems to us it's a month later that they are all grown up and graduating from college. (And WE did not get any older!) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how useful it is to take photos to help decide 'what goes where'. I'm very thankful to the lady who gave me that tip at an afternoon's meeting in a local shop.

    ReplyDelete