Monday 14 September 2015

Nutty Mooncakes



I always get Tai Chong Kok's mooncakes from Chinatown. Especially the mixed nuts mooncake. But recently I had a chance to try the mixed nuts mooncake from Season in Johor Bahru. I tested both mooncakes and decided I still preferred the Tai Chong Kok's mooncake. It is the flavours of the sticky filling that holds the nuts together. I like the limau purut (Kaffir Lime) leaves and the hint of lard in it. This year, the mid autumn festival falls on 27 September 2015. Must get the snowskin mooncakes soon.


4 comments:

  1. Ooooh they look so yummy. Are they very sweet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are. Goes well with Chinese tea (unsweetened).

      Delete
  2. Ummmmm. Sounds very appealing. We were in China Town in San Fransisco last June. The bakery was so decadent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food posts are always so fascinating! Sometimes I can't really tell what I'm looking at, or I might have trouble pronouncing it, But I determined right away that this was a delicious, sweet dessert, and it was driving me a little crazy! I wanted to reach right through and taste! I'm guessing you don't have a weight problem or health issues! I'm pretty sure these would be on my 'Don't even think about it' list!

    The internet is wonderful at taking us around the world!. You live in a very artistic and fascinating city!

    ReplyDelete