Tuesday 11 February 2014

Roti Jala




Last weekend we visited friends for the lunar new year. I volunteered to cook a dish for the gathering. Since it has been a long time since we had roti jala, I made it that afternoon for the dinner. It is perfect with curry chicken. The same group of friends had this dish two decades ago in my KL home. Mom had ordered this from a neighbour for lunch.

Roti (bread) Jala (net) is more like a netted crepe. It is not sweet but savoury and the texture is similar to a crepe. I cooked it once before using our neighbour's recipe. As I had lost that recipe, I went on the internet and found this. I omitted the turmeric as I did not want it yellow. It turned out nicely.


2 comments:

  1. Looks interesting, I am not into curry but I would have liked to try your net bread.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I tried roti jala once at a friend's aunt's place a long time back. Now that you've reminded me of it, I'm going to making it! And curry chicken is one of my favourite dishes. :D

    ReplyDelete