Friday 9 July 2010

Tatters Thread Exchange


These are examples of my threads wound up for exchange. If you would like to take part, check it out here. I have already sent off threads to 8 tatters. I think it is a good way to test threads before you buy them or just to try out threads which you do not normally get in your local craft store.



These are what I have received so far. Can't wait to tat with them. I have YLI, Star, Lily, Omega, Valdani, Finca and Perlovka which I have never tried and Lizbeth for colours which I do not have.

Thank you to Fox of Tat-ology for organizing this and to all tatters who have participated in this exchange. It was great fun. Do join in!

5 comments:

  1. I love seeing all the different colors!
    Have fun with your new ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love your thread winders! and all those colours are marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post! It is fun to see what you have received so far.

    Thanks for the shout-out about
    T.T E. There is some activity over there, but it would be great to see many more people participating in the exchange, wouldn't it?

    It really is such a good way to have access to the many threads that are available all over the world, but that are limited by locale.

    Pretty thread winders! Clever.
    ♥ Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thread winders are just cut outs from old advert postcards. Recycled whenever possible. I hope it gives you something to read when you unwind the threads too.

    Fox, I think when word gets around about the thread exchange, more people will join in. I love it!

    ReplyDelete