Wednesday 7 July 2010

Swan

To add to the tatted zoo bookmarks, this is the swan tatted in Coron variegated light yellow. I wanted to show Typstatting this colour thread tatted up. I hope she likes the colour as she requested for this thread in the thread exchange. This range of Coron threads are smooth to tat with.

Now below is the Altin Basak threads with metallic strand incorporated. This is the first time I'm using this brand and this type of thread. It is quite easy to use, just that I must remind myself not to tat too tightly. A few times the metallic strand broke and it was quite difficult to incorporate it back in. I used my 'Fray Check' to 'glue' the metallic strand back and continued tatting. I rather like the effect!

Swan tatted in white with silver (Beyaz 1), gold with gold (2351) and black with silver (Siyah 1). Which is your favourite?

7 comments:

  1. I love your swans and my favorite is the white with silver :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One nice thing about metallic threads is, even though they break easily, their stiffness keeps them from unraveling easily. So when you do have to work in a new thread, it only takes a couple of stitches before it's secure.

    I like all your swans, but I think the black and silver is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of them. All the colors are so beautiful. (^..^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them all! Nice pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colour and cant wait to get it and start a project. And your swans are absolutely gorgeous I just love the colours that you did them in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! Especially the black one.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tattings are a great inspiration to me to do more of these designs. Swans are fab.

    ReplyDelete