Thursday 29 July 2010

Lene Bjorn's Snowflakes - 3rd & 12th


It was just sheer coincidence that I was tatting this snowflake the same time as Fox was tatting hers. I am posting this a little late. If you notice mine looks different. That is because a made a boo boo in the first green chain and had to improvise. The pattern is from Lene Bjorn's book '24 Snowflakes in Tatting' on page 11 - The Third Day of December. The threads are also from Fox through the thread exchange. Cebelia 20 Col. 743 (yellow) and 992 (green). Thank you Fox. I love the bright colour combo.


This pattern is on page 20 - The Twelve Day of December. Now the tatting here is not good and I should have made the picots larger. The chain tension was all over the place and blocking did not help either. This is done in Flora 20 Col. 246.

3 comments:

  1. Your stitches are divine! The mistake obviously really works in the first one - looks beautiful.

    I am going to have to try that orange one, which is also very pretty!

    You are such an inspiration!
    ♥ Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both! The first one reminds me of a contemporary type sunflower in those colors, and the second one is just fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright cheeriness of #3. I still have a center somewhere that I tatted for a specific project and then decided it was too big. I should finish or use it! #12 is so much chain work and it can get tricky keep up the same tension throughout. Another colorful bit of cheer!

    ReplyDelete