Thursday 12 December 2013

Pink and Yellow Pansy Edging


Another edging design from Occhi Schiffchenspitze Frivolite by Marianne Langwieser and Tatiana Scharowa. This one is on page 94 and I chose it for the play of two colour threads in the design. After tatting it, it reminded me of pansy flowers. 

The threads are Venus Size 40 in bright pink (#EM 498) and bright yellow (#546). I had them wound in the shuttles for the kissing minnows but that did not work out. So here it is. Placed it on a white hand towel to see how it looks. Will it work?

6 comments:

  1. Yes. But will it hold it's shape after washing? I have wondered about that when thinking about adding edgings to towels....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do have a point. I honestly don't know as I have not used the hand towels and put it into the washing machine.

      Delete
  2. The edging looks very nice on the white towel. Your tatting is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will work very well. Those are pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete