Saturday 26 February 2011

Daffodil


A little daffodil just sprouted and bloomed. The springtime daffodil is from Georgia Seitz's website and is a pattern from Inger Kirstensen. It sprouted from Martha Ess' Maltese Sugar bowl. Venus Size 40 threads were used in 2 shades of green, dark peach and yellow. I wanted to do the petals in a lighter yellow. I took the ball of thread out but forgot and continued with the darker yellow. Maybe next time I will remember.
Hope this brightens up your winter's day and hope spring comes soon.

11 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I like the way you placed it in Martha's sugar bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warms the heart on this chilly morning. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Wendy, Yup, The daffodil certainly brightem my day. It is truly beautiful and I love the colors. The pot is great too. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely indeed!! Bright and cheery colors brightened my morning. Great idea using Martha's sugar bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very lovely spring tatting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just what I needed this snowy morn! Bright and very cheery, indeed!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great combination of patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Daffodils are one of my favorite flowers to see in the spring. Thank you for bringing a little bit of spring cheer into a very cold winter day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful spring daffodil - would make a very pretty birthday card for someone special. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, daffodils are my favorite flower.

    ReplyDelete