Monday 3 January 2011

Zigzag Wave Edging


I found this pattern by Tatman here. Thank you for the pattern. It looks very unusual and challenging. I was not too confident when tatting this. As you can see it is much shorter than the original by Tatman. His version is much prettier but this will have to do for now. This was done in Lizbeth Size 40 in Fruit Fizz (#139) and Country Grape Dark (#682).
The middle portion in #682 was done first. This is called the zigzag chain. I had some problem with this because the stitches kept unravelling so I had to improvise and do a lock stitch after each picot. Then came the side edging on one side. The design does not show until you tat the other side so I was wondering if I was doing it all wrong. I would appreciate any advice on how to do this better.

4 comments:

  1. Good grief! Now THAT looks challenging! (Pretty, though.)
    Fox : )

    (I bought one of Mark's patterns last year - Jacobian something - or- other, and I have yet to tackle it because of all the odd-looking stitches. It reminds me of your piece here...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Wendy. Your new tatting edge is gorgeous. Love it . Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think yours looks good, though I would have some doubts about doing it, also. I've not tried it, but after seeing yours I think I'll download the pattern and put it on my 'want-to-do' list.

    ReplyDelete