Monday 10 January 2011

Christmas 2011 Snowflake #1


I love how Tatting Marie decorated her Christmas tree with angels. So I am starting early this year and will tat snowflakes for my mom's tree for Christmas 2011. Let's see how many I can tat before then. They will all be in white thread Size 40. I love how the white threads show up with the dark green of the tree.
Christmas 2011 Snowflake #1 is a pattern from page 26 of Susanne Schwenke's Spitzen-Ideen book. I bought this book for myself for Christmas 2010. This pattern uses two shuttles, done in one round. I was smiling when it was completed. Yes, it is one of those patterns.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Wendy. Wow the snowflake is very very lovely. You do excellent tatting. Hugs judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy that I inspired you to tat snowflakes for your Mom's Christmas tree. I know she will love all of them. I'm in the process of redoing the ones that I had stiffened that turned yellow (over 200 of them). My suggestion is to NOT stiffen any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That project should keep you out of trouble for a while! A pretty beginning.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous! You did an awesome job!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tatting-Marie,
    Yes, your Christmas tree was truly beautiful and I was defnitely inspired by it. I just hope that these snowflakes are not too big for her tree otherwise she will need a bigger tree. Thanks for the tip. No stiffening.

    Fox, out of trouble? We'll see!VBG.

    Thank you God's Kid and Typs Tatting. Look out for #2.

    ReplyDelete