Thursday 28 May 2009

New Postage Stamps

Last week I was at the post office to send off the puzzle pieces to Pat. Normally, at the post office counter, the officer would just print out a label with the exact postage but I wanted beautiful stamps to decorate the envelope and asked her to give me various designs to add up the postage. She was so accomodating that she must have given me at least 4 or 5 designs. She even volunteered to paste it on the envelope. I wish I had my camera with me, just to take a shot before it was sent off.

The above are two of the many designs on the envelope. I was told it could be used for overseas addresses. These are stamps usually used for local addresses. They are new and were issued early this month. Both are local plants. The pigeon orchid only flowers when there is a dip in temperature and they grow on large trees. When they flower, you will see the white blooms on many roadside trees. The flowers of the blue pea vine are used to colour local desserts blue.

1 comment:

  1. Orchid stamp collecting is an interesting adjunct to the hobby of orchid growing. Collecting stamps is something that can be pursued no matter where you are in the world. Every country sells stamps. I like stamps.

    Regards,
    World Stamps Pictures

    ReplyDelete