Tuesday, 27 September 2016

Pattern #2

I really wanted to try this. Again it started out like an edging. The large picots were not fun to tat.

If you string the loose thread between the bare threads and tie a knot, you get the above.

Somehow it did not look like the photo in the book.

I then tried to pin and block it but 
I wasn't going to pin every picot, no way!

It still did not look like the one in the book.

With extra thread in the shuttle, I decided to add more rings to make the flower fuller and hopefully prettier.

But to no avail. I believe I made it worse.
I am hesitant to try the second version of this.


  1. It's pretty! :)
    I am sure you will figure it out at some point! :)

  2. How frustrating! Sometimes it looks and sounds so easy until you do it. Perhaps this is one of those patterns that would benefit from a video.

  3. I haven't tried this yet, but I can see why you're hesitant to try the second version.