Saturday 8 November 2014

A New Morimoto Doily WIP1


The pattern is called a Floral Bouquet Doily. I dug out my Size 60 (20g ball) thread to tat this beautiful doily by Tomoko Morimoto. I wanted the same lacy effect as in the photo but did not have enough thread in a Size 80 10g ball to do in one colour. The doily in the book is tatted in Size 80 and needed about 300m of thread which resulted in a 14.5 inch doily.

After tatting two rounds, I realised I made a mistake in round 1. Will have to start over again.




5 comments:

  1. Yours in size 60 looks as delicate as the original. Really beautiful doily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pattern. Is it from New Tatting?

    Better to make the mistake early! : ))

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like it's going to be a gorgeous doily!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful and I completely understand, I just messed up 3 times on something:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pity, I look forward to watching your progress on such a beautiful pattern
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete