Friday 20 July 2018

Tatting for Nectar



When we were visiting a friend in Shanghai last October, she had just signed a lease to open a cafe. I thought I would tat something for her cafe. Her DH designed the interior and I thought these hexagons would fit in nicely.

Tatted in Milford Mercer Size 20 in black and lemon. The pattern is from page 28 of Ha Mi-Kyoung's book 'Tatting lace with your life'. It is a variation of the pattern Butterfly Effect which is listed on page 26. If the butterfly was a bee, it would fit in perfectly.

8 comments:

  1. So very perfect and great colors, I am sure she will love it🌻

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very unusual and quite attractive. I have found that I get 'anxious' about connecting separate motifs to each other in the right places! However, this doesn't seem too complicated. I assume you started with the black motif. The first white motif has only two connections, then most have 3 connections and the last one has 6. I wonder how it could expand from there! But I like this size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Kathy. It is 2 for 1st, 4 for most and 6 picot joins for last motif.

      Delete
    2. Oops! I now see 4 connections! I also now realize that Diane Lace Librarian had tatted these back in 2016. Really neat pattern!

      Delete