Tuesday 23 January 2018

Josephine Doily Completed



It is done. This pattern by Lee Hye-oon is found in her book Lovely Tatting Doilies for Spring and Summer on page 105 but you can also find it on Lovely Tatting here.

This was tatted in Lizbeth Size 40 Col.185 Artic Waters. I had thought I would run out of thread but it was sufficient. While blocking, I realised a mistake. I have corrected it but it was after this photo was taken. See if you can spot it.

Now I can focus on Alice, the doily I am tatting now. 

7 comments:

  1. Wow very nice lovely work worth framing🦋🌻🦋

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite maagnificent, and again, you seem to have tatted it quickly! Thank you for introducing us to her work. And it was quite generous of her to provide this pattern free in her blog. Glad you didn't run out of thread, as it's a pleasing colorway,

    I probably wouldn't have noticed the mistake, but when you issued the challenge, it did seem to pop out, and that would be around the 6 o'clock position where you did not do the ring in between. I figured it was on the outer round or you wouldn't have been so 'calm' about it. I am curious as to how you fixed it to see if I would have done it the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work! I do like the blue colors in this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your kind comments. It looks different from the photo in her book done in one solid colour.

    Yes, I corrected the mistake by cutting into the chain and joined to tat the missing ring and chain. It was easy to correct but I did not like doing it.

    ReplyDelete