Tuesday 6 January 2009

Silk embroidered painting

I got this as a gift (top) from my youngest brother and sister-in law this Christmas. They bought this in Hong Kong. I bought a magnet (bottom) from Shanghai with the same scene. What a coincidence.

I often think my brother and I have similar likes and dislikes. We were born twelve years apart, under the same Chinese zodiac animal and we also share the same zodiac with both our parents.

And just a few days ago I saw a lady embroidering such paintings at Chinatown Point. Very pretty. The lady would use silk threads and individually sew in the each brush stroke.

4 comments:

  1. How fun that you had already purchased the magnet, LOL! The silk painting looks beautiful! What a gifted artist she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are these both of them, the one your brother bought and the one you bought? Clearly they are the same scene, just different color/detail interpretations! Speaking of all those coincidences, did you see your posting time, 22:22? double 1's and double 2's especially are master numbers in numerology, meaning they carry more weight or significance than when they stand alone. Just a bit of trivia for you. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it is really pretty. I am catching up on all your posts...I can't believe I have missed so many. The baby is especially cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes the silk painting is the top photo and the magnet is the bottom. I think he bought it first. It is such a coincidence. I did not notice the post time either, Gina. Thanks for your comments. Sherry, glad you're well enough to blog.

    ReplyDelete