Tuesday 30 August 2016

JS Doily VI




It is finally done. It took several weeks with months of inactivity in between. May I say that it is quite pretty. It is not perfect as I posted earlier that there were some mistakes in earlier rounds but it did not affect the latter rounds. I am glad I decided to complete it instead of giving up.

The pattern is from Jan Stawasz in his book Tatting Theory and Patterns on page 83. Tatted in Lizbeth Size 40 threads in Coral Splash Col. 188 and Terra Cotta Col. 673.

Today is my mom's birthday. She celebrates her 77th. Happy Birthday Mom. This doily is dedicated to you.


14 comments:

  1. Well, Great Minds.... I've been looking through that book lately wondering how the tatting would look using colors. Now, you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a work of art to me!!! :)
    And the color choices are awesome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Well done for getting it completed. Love the colours you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful doily, gorgeous colours,
    I hope your mum has a very happy birthday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tatting, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is completely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful doily! The color gives it a regal look.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, I'm glad you finished it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both backgrounds show off the spectacular beauty of this doily. I always admire the perfection of your tatting.

    I also send birthday greetings to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful piece, JS has such great designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is just gorgeous. Nice colors and nice work.

    ReplyDelete