Thursday 5 May 2016

Jade and Crystal Chain




I started another chain using jade beads, Swarovski crystals and Delica beads. The jade beads were bought years back. Since they were hand carved, the size varies slightly. Each bead is carved like a section of the bamboo stem.

As these are all rings, the beads had to go onto the shuttle. Unless you have a large shuttle that is able to take all the beads wound on one shuttle, it is easier to use two shuttles and start tatting from the middle of the chain. I decided not to put multiple picots in this one. Leave it simple.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I love your necklace
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing!!! Love the greens!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made a good desision not putting picots in. Seems the picots would get smashed down when necklace is worn. This is beautiful and love the green's with the jade so very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the weight that the beads give to the chain. If for eyeglasses it will stay put. Thanks for the idea of using two shuttles and starting in the middle. I would never have thought of that but it makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your chain! I have quite a few large beads around the house, so maybe I'll give this a try. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. Love the jade beads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just from the photo, I thought you had made a totally beaded piece and had strung/knotted the beads to create a pretty necklace. But it is mostly tatting (love the effect over the large beads) and some of the tatting itself looks like small beads in a ring. This is a very clever piece! Is it also to be an eyeglass leash? It would make a lovely necklace, too! Interesting tip about using two shuttles. I agree about the picots.

    ReplyDelete