Thursday 29 March 2012

Kopi Luwak


I have not tried this coffee yet. It was a gift from someone who was visiting Bali. This coffee is unusual as these coffee beans have a distinct flavour. Why so? The coffee beans must be eaten by the civet cat and gone through the cat's digestive system and passed out. The beans are then collected for consumption. A delicacy!! I will let you know how it tastes when I have brewed a cup and tried it.

Talking about civet cats, reminds me of the time when civet cats would visit my grandmother's house in the dead of night, making a huge commotion on the zinc roof. She would set up traps to catch them. Poor musang (civet cat)! But as I remember, they were quite ferocious.

2 comments:

  1. Do you mind if I pass on a cup of coffee from those beans.

    Hope you enjoy your coffee beans

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize that we often eat strange things, Honey is bee vomit for heavens sake, but coffee beans that have to have been "pooped" out by a civat cat???? shudder.......
    good luck with your cup of coffee

    ReplyDelete