Wednesday, 7 October 2009

WIP - completed

This was my second attempt at this pattern from the Japanese Tatting book listed in this post. In the book this was sewn on a cushion. The book does say it is a modern adaptation using Weldon's pattern (1887). After I took the photo in that post, I realised there was a mistake 3 to 4 rings back and had to unpick to correct it. But I finally finished it a few days later and this is how it looks. This HDT by LadyShuttleMaker is called Tuscany. I am still not totally satisfied with the tatting because the threads connecting round 1 and 2 were still too long. It was the same problem in my first attempt and it could not lie flat hence what you see below is the result.


  1. Looks pretty flat to me now. You must be a real perfectionist! Those are beautiful colors.

  2. Hi Annie,
    The 1st one in yellow does not lie flat. LOL, I am quite fussy about my own work. I hate it when I find a mistake or when it does not turn out as I expect.

  3. Well, it looks like you could stiffen the other one into a nice candy dish or basket or something! I once had a mistake that ended up making a nice tatted hat. LOL!

    They are both pretty!

  4. I love the color in the second one but I also love the way you used the first one. It's all good!

  5. Your work is gorgeous! I love that first piece - the colours are so unusual.
    Fox : )

  6. Such lovely photos of your stunning work. Quite frankly, the prettiest tatting errors I have ever seen. Love the previous suggestions on how best to make use of the yellow motif.

    You may "mess up" for me anytime! *grins*