Wednesday 18 March 2009

Spring is in the air

In Singapore, we have sun and rain all year round and the temperature is always around 32 degrees C at mid day. There must have been a huge gust of wind on Sunday night as there were many fallen tree branches and uprooted trees.

Have you noticed the Trumpet flowers/Pink Tecoma (Tabebuia spp.) on the trees and on the ground. How pretty they are. I call them Singapore’s cherry blossoms.


I wish I had my camera to photograph this beautiful sight. The durian trees and the African Tulip tree are also flowering although my favourite tree bloomed a few weeks ago. It is called the Mempat (Cratoxylum formosum) which has very delicate inconspicious pink blooms. I aslo noticed today that the pigeon orchid is also blooming. They only bloom when there is a slight dip in temperature.

I really wished I had the camera and the time to take photos of these. If you want to see some of these plants, do link to some of these photos on the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment